[Vm-dev] Re: [squeak-dev] New Cog VMs available

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Jan 2 06:00:34 UTC 2015

On 01-01-2015, at 9:23 PM, Chris Cunnington <brasspen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Happy New Year, Eliot,
>
> I’m wondering if I can ask you a question? Owing to my ignorance, it may seem odd.
> Here it is: How long has it been since you re-compiled the socket plugin sources? I figure it’s been more than six months.

Actually that would surprise me since the current autoblech stuff we use for the stack/cog vms is not set up to make it very suited to incremental recompiling. It’s pretty much
“do you want to do a clean recompile?”
“no? whaddyamean, no? That’s not a good idea. So, really, do you want to do a clean recompile?”
I mean, yes, you can strictly speaking get away with ‘no’ but it tends to pout like an annoyed teenager. The problem is that … well … something or other related to source dependencies or whatever.

tim
The enema of my enemy is my friend