[Vm-dev] Changes needed to platforms/Cross/plugins

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 19:54:47 UTC 2015

Hi David,  Hi All,

    I need to make some changes to platforms/Cross/plugins, which is shared
between the trunk vm and the Cog branch.

1. DOUBLE_WORD_ALIGNMENT changes to OBJECTS_32BIT_ALIGNED.  In Spur objects
are always 64-bit aligned, even in the 32-bit version, so none of the slow
access to avoid unaligned float access is necessary.  I've written it like
this in platforms/Cross/vm/sqMemoryAccess.h.  The changes begin on the #if
(SQ_IMAGE64 || SPURVM) line

#if (SQ_VI_BYTES_PER_WORD == 4)
# define SQ_IMAGE32 1
#else
# define SQ_IMAGE64 1
#endif

#if (SQ_IMAGE64 || SPURVM)
# define OBJECTS_32BIT_ALIGNED 0
#else
# define OBJECTS_32BIT_ALIGNED 1
#endif

2. platforms/Cross/plugins/RePlugin/config.h gets renamed
to platforms/Cross/plugins/RePlugin/reconfig.h to avoid conflicts with the
VM's config.h

I'm not sure that I have permission to change trunk.  But if I do would it
be OK if I made these changes?  If not, would you, David, make the change
to trunk's platforms/Cross/vm/sqMemoryAccess.h  after which I'll check-in
the  platforms/Cross/plugins changes?
--
best,
Eliot