[Vm-dev] Cog 15.00.3205 / SqueakSSL

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Jan 13 02:05:37 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 11:17:38PM +0100, Levente Uzonyi wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Jan 2015, Tobias Pape wrote:
> >
> >Hi all
> >
> >Eliot's latest CogVM 15.00.3205 provides a SqueakSSL that
> >seems to be linked against
> >
> >	libcrypto.so.10
> >	libssl.so.10
> >
> >however, I am unable to find either for current or just
> >outdated Debian/Ubuntu. Probably I didn't look hard enough.
> >Anybody knows where to get them?
> >

> To work around this problem, we used a precompiled version of the
> plugin: http://leves.web.elte.hu/squeak/SqueakSSL/SqueakSSL
>
> Levente

FYI, the SSLPlugin is not 64-bit clean. It will work on a Cog or
interpreter VM compiled for 32-bit host (i.e. any Cog VM), but if
you use a VM destributed from a 64-bit Linux distro, it probably
will not work.

There is a note to this effect at the bottom of Mantis 7751, although
it probably deserves a bug report of its own.

BTW, Mantis is back on line now: http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7751