[Vm-dev] ARM Cog progress

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sat Jun 6 23:25:17 UTC 2015

GCC is such fun.

Cog VM built on my Pi2, like all the ones built whilst developing this thing, with -O2.
Segfaults very early on Pi2; trying to run under gdb segfaults at pc=0, which really is clever and remarkably effectively obfuscates all the information you might hope to glean.
But copy that executable to an old Pi B+ and it runs perfectly happily.

Mind you, we currently compile the cogit file with no errors nor even warnings, so perhaps it’s simple revenge?

tim
How come it's 'Java One' every year? Aren't they making any progress?