[Vm-dev] [spur] literalsManager class shouldn't be an ancilliary class?

Esteban Lorenzano estebanlm at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 10:56:36 UTC 2015

Hi,

(btw… since last week I have an hourly update from VMMaker.oscog, building the VMs for Pharo, you can check it here: https://ci.inria.fr/pharo/view/5.0-VM-Spur/ <https://ci.inria.fr/pharo/view/5.0-VM-Spur/> … I think since we are not merging anymore, and because of that we are not a de facto fork anymore, this CI can be useful for regular development too…)

Now, the problem :)

latest commit introduced literalsManager but since then spur vm is not compiled, because (I think), literalsManagerClass should be ancilliary class. Something like this:

ancilliaryClasses: options
	ProcessorClass ifNil:
		[Cogit initializeMiscConstants].
	^{	CogMethodZone.
		CogAbstractInstruction.
		self activeCompilerClass.
		self activeCompilerClass literalsManagerClass.
		CogBlockStart.
		CogBytecodeDescriptor.
		CogBytecodeFixup.
		CogInstructionAnnotation.
		CogPrimitiveDescriptor.
		CogBlockMethod.
		CogMethod },
	((options at: #NewspeakVM ifAbsent: [false])
		ifTrue: [{NewspeakCogMethod. NSSendCache}]
		ifFalse: [#()])

but well, that causes some other problems, like I need to rename a couple of variables and include literalsManager into #isNonArgumentImplicitReceiverVariableName:

then VM builds, but does not seems to work fine either, so I suppose I’m doing something fundamentally wrong :)

Any idea?

thanks,
Esteban