[Vm-dev] Re: New Cog VMs available

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun Jun 21 05:27:53 UTC 2015

On 20-06-2015, at 6:33 PM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's very satisfying to release a JIT for a new (for Cog) ISA.  Thanks to Lars Wassermann and Tim Rowledge for lots of hard work on the JIT, which I participated in too.

That’s putting it a bit mildly. Eliot has done a major chunk of this, quite aside from having built cog in the first place.

>  And thanks to Doug McPherson for lots of work in other parts of the ARM build.

Seconded.

>  This is great.
>
> The main caveat is that this has only been tested on Raspberry Pi running Raspbian.  We're interested to hear of experience with other ARM linux systems.

Seconded.

Oh, and remember - this is for ARM v5/6/7 systems. Running full chat 64bit on v8 is not going to happen just yet. You know the drill by now - send me $1,000,000 and we can start talking.

tim
"Bollocks," said Pooh being more forthright than usual