[Vm-dev] GdbARMPlugin & processors/ARM/gdb-7.6 changes

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 02:28:22 UTC 2015

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 6:40 PM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 02:09:16PM -0700, tim Rowledge wrote:
> >
> > Just in case anyone is watching and feels like heroically cleaning up a
> load of code; the madly hacked about gdb source tree with everything
> removed that I could summon the enthusiasm for deleting and that doesn?t
> seem to be needed  is now in our svn tree.
> > I also cleaned up the arm sim code etc a little so that we no longer
> need a rather arcane gcc trick of wrapping functions.
> >

> The gdb-7.6 sources are GPL licensed (not LGPL). You will want to ensure
> that they do not start appearing in source code distributions for Cog/Spur.

The reasoning has been that since the plugins are used for developing the
VM, and are stand alone DLLs, not for deploying the system, that we are
safe.  But are you suggesting that for clarity the gdb code should not be
included, but downloaded from elsewhere?  That seems a little pointless to
me, but my arm can be twisted.

--
best,
Eliot