[Vm-dev] Re-purposing vm parameter 23 in Spur?

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 19:45:10 UTC 2015

Hi All,

    right now vm parameter 23 is defined to be:

23 bytes of extra memory to reserve for VM buffers, plugins, etc.

but is ignored by all the VMs (AFAIA).  I would like to reinterpret this in
Spur to be the minimum amount of headroom to make available on startup.  I
expect this is useful for really small platforms where one wants to control
the ammount of free space on startup to be quite small.  Given that the
field is ignored I like putting it to a more useful purpose.   Objections?
--
best,
Eliot