[Vm-dev] Re: VM Maker: VMMaker-tfel.360.mcz

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Mar 30 20:45:22 UTC 2015

> No reason other than that I wasn't sure if there is a protocol on how to
> do
> it. Do you just copy'n'paste methods over? Or is there any actual
> branching
> going on? If so, what should I do to keep the history intact?

There are two active branches of the VMMaker project. Most of the new
development, led by Eliot, is happening in the Cog/Spur branch. In the
VMMaker repository, this is identified by "VMMaker.oscog" Associated with
this is the Cog branch of the platform sources, which is in Subversion
(see http://squeakvm.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/squeak/branches/Cog/).

In addition to the Cog/Spur development, we continue to maintain the trunk
branch of VMMaker. This is identified as "VMMaker" (as opposed to
"VMMaker.oscog" in the repository, and the corresponding Subversion
platform sources are called "trunk" (see
http://squeakvm.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/squeak/trunk/)

Wherever possible and practical, we try to keep these branches in sync.
The changes that you are making here are almost certainly something that
we would want to have applied to both.