[Vm-dev] Pending OS-X Cocoa Squeak VM build

John McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu May 7 18:42:41 UTC 2015

Morning.

I've taken some time to integrate various Pharo and Pyonkee changes into
the Squeak OS-X and iOS cocoa source tree, along with converting the code
base to ARC and modern Obj-C.

Earlier today I ran a Squeak4.5-13680 32bit image on a 64bit client
3488 run, 3421 passes, 23 expected failures, 43 failures, 0 errors, 1
unexpected passes

However I need some folks to step forward and validate the results,
document what might be broken, look for behaviour anomalies, and refine
exactly what plugins are needed in the base system.

I also need someone to try this on a 32bit host with 32bit image, and with
a current  64bit image (which I don't have)  on a 64bit host.

Drop me a note and I"ll forward a link to a binary for testing.

Shortly I will be integrating these changes into the Cog branch and create
an XCode project for building a 64/64 Cog/etc VM.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/smalltalk