[Vm-dev] Questions related to immutability in Cog

Chris Cunningham cunningham.cb at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 19:33:46 UTC 2015

On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 9:39 AM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 10:30 AM, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
>

>> > On 11-11-2015, at 7:47 AM, Chris Cunningham <cunningham.cb at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> >  immutablity - an immutable bitblit?
>>
>> exactly what I was thinking :-)
>>
>> Chris, BitBlt should /fail/ if it attempts to write into an immutable
> destination.  Just because it's BitBlt doesn't give it the right to write
> to a read-only object, right?
>
> Right, BitBlt shouldn't be able to write to an immutable destination.
But an immutable BitBlt, would, I assume, write to the same destination it
first wrote too, the exact same bits, every time it is called.  Unless you
try to get it to do something else, in which case it would fail.  It's
immutable, right?
What is an immutable method/process?

(Your second sentence hurts my head.)

-cbc