[Vm-dev] Adding Squeak3D plugin to Cog VMMaker

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Nov 19 13:33:24 UTC 2015

Hi Tim,

Bert has admin access to the Balloon3D repository on squeaksource, and he
can either add you as developer or commit your MCZ to the repository.

I may not have time to follow this discussion over the next couple of
days, please don't take that as lack of interest, I am really glad you
are doing this.

I'm assuming you have a trunk VM (aka "interpreter VM") build set up
for testing, if not the recipe for compiling from source is:
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/vm-dev/2015-April/018259.html
and you should be able to load VMMaker in any recent image via the
update map (or from SqueakMap). Then do a "VMMaker updateFromServer"
and "VMMaker initialize" (the latter to make sure slang browsing is
activated).

I don't know how to handle the method changes you mention, but if there
isn't an obvious solution, then we might consider dispatching back to
e.g. class VMMaker so that the code generation differences live there
rather than in the plugin per se.

Dave