[Vm-dev] [commit][3467] Fork the linux builds in makeallclean.

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun Oct 4 04:36:42 UTC 2015

> On 03-10-2015, at 5:50 PM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
> Uhmmm ... There is no such thing as a "UNIX console". Multiple processes writing
> to a shared output stream will result in intermixed output, which is confusing.
>
> So don't do that. Unless you are compiling on a Raspberry Pi ;-)

What I’ve found works ok most of the time is reading the log file that is produced and simply searching for ‘error’. There are a few places where it should be found since there is actually a file called Error.c (might be nice to rename it to save a little time here) and as long as I find no lines outside that range I can reasonably expect to find a compiled vm at the end. Other than that C error messages are so damn confusing that having the mingled up really doesn’t make much difference...

tim
Oxymorons: Software documentation