[Vm-dev] re: "callback failed to own the VM"

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Wed Oct 7 15:10:14 UTC 2015

Hi Eliot--

     Thanks!

> ...what's the platform, etc? Do you have a reproducible case? Are you
> willing to use gdb et al to debug ownVM?

     Sure, gdb is no problem. This is 32-bit Ubuntu 14.04. It's
reproducible, but uses a fairly elaborate third-party library. Some of
the callbacks are called in a straightforward way, from a VM thread,
others from forked worker threads that the library uses.

> The issue here is when a callback comes in from some unknown thread,
> what do we do with it?  By default it is rejected.  But if there is a
> process in the foreignCallbackProcessSlot of the specialObjectsArray,
> it will be cloned to handle each "foreign" callback.

     Aha! I hadn't noticed that; cool.

     Hm, now I'm getting "callback failed to invoke"...

-C

--
Craig Latta
netjam.org