[Vm-dev] re: "callback failed to own the VM"

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Thu Oct 8 22:43:01 UTC 2015

> I guess the system is never arranging to unlock the Vm so there is
> never any opportunity for the foreign callback to get entry.  Try
> adding an occasional "Processor relinquishProcessorForMicroseconds:
> 100" and see if that gives your call-back a window.

     Well, my system is deadlocked in the foreign thread, forever trying
and failing to own the VM when the library I'm using attempts to invoke
my callback. I guess I have to do something more drastic, like kludge
the unlock logic.

     How should the system be arranging to unlock the VM?

     thanks again,

-C

--
Craig Latta