[Vm-dev] Re: [Pharo-dev] issue with large file path on windows

Nicolai Hess nicolaihess at web.de
Thu Sep 10 20:17:00 UTC 2015

> Hi Nicolai,
>
>     I'm a bit concerned that this is creating drift with the "official"
> Cog source base at http://www.squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/branches/Cog.  Long
> filename support for win32 was recently added by Marcel Taumel in May of
> this year.  Are you tracking that?  How can we keep the sources harmonized?

Yes, I know, and I already asked on the ML if we can take that change or
if it is not possible because we have already other changes (pharos file
plugin
provides addition attributes (the file permissions)).
But I got no response, so I tried to adopt Marcels change.

And I only found the change for sqWin32FilePrims.c, but missed the other
change
that is necessary in sqWin32Directory.c (and asked on the ML). In the
meantime Marcel added this but I could not find
the changed source, only an updated vm.
Is this change already comitted?

I would love if someone else got this working.

nicolai