[Vm-dev] Image crashes on launch, how to debug?

Bernhard Pieber bernhard at pieber.com
Sun Sep 20 09:34:39 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

I have an image which does not launch anymore, which it did perfectly fine the last time I opened it. I cannot remember I changed anything. The image is a 5.1 trunk image into which I loaded a large JSON file. It is 2.66 GB in size. I am on OS X 10.10.5 and use the latest CogSpur.app r3427. I tried all CogSpur VMs back to r3343. They fail the same way.

When I drag the image onto the VM in the same folder the following is printed in the Console:
20.09.15 11:22:57,241 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.squeak.Cog.514072[6465]) Service exited with abnormal code: 12

However, I cannot find any crash.dmp. I assume this should be in the very same folder where the VM and the image are, right?

I looked for a debug VM to be able to get some more information. However, I could not find one. Any ideas what I could try next?

Cheers,
Bernhard