[Vm-dev] Image crashes on launch, how to debug?

Bernhard Pieber bernhard at pieber.com
Sun Sep 20 12:28:35 UTC 2015

Hi Craig,

Unsurprisingly restart did not help.

Running with lldb did not result in much additional information:
(lldb) r
Process 920 launched: '/Users/bernhard/Documents/Squeak/5.1/CogSpur.r3427.app/Contents/MacOS/Squeak' (i386)
sqAllocateMemorySegmentOfSizeAboveAllocatedSizeInto mmap: Cannot allocate memory
sqAllocateMemory: initial alloc failed!
Process 920 exited with status = 12 (0x0000000c)

In order to start the VM from Xcode I need to check out the oscog branch from SVN first, right?

I found the following instructions:
http://www.mirandabanda.org/cogblog/compiling-the-vm/

Reading this I am in doubt if building will work with Xcode 7.0. What version of Xcode do you build your VMs with?

Cheers,
Bernhard