[Vm-dev] ARM Simulator whitewash...

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Sep 23 20:41:05 UTC 2015

On 23-09-2015, at 11:18 AM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is anyone interested in fixing the ARM simulator so that it does correctly simulate vfp instructions?  If so, let me know and I can help you set up the relevant environment.

The good news is that the disassembler code in the latest gdb tree at least appears to try to handle the VFP instructions, so that part might be already done for us. So far as I can make out the new version of armsupp.c has the VFP instructions added as of about july; if that all works it shouldn’t be too terrible a job.

Of course, life is a touch complicated by the ugly hacks we had to create to make it work for us.

tim
Useful random insult:- During evolution his ancestors were in the control group.