[Vm-dev] VMMaker & potential VM Port

Ken.Dickey Ken.Dickey at whidbey.com
Thu Sep 24 05:43:19 UTC 2015

Greetings,

I am trying to scale the effort to port the Squeak VM to the Inferno OS
	http://inferno-os.org/
but have not yet had success building a minimal VM on Linux using Squeak 4.5 and instructions on
	http://www.mirandabanda.org/cogblog/build-image/
or
	http://www.mirandabanda.org/cogblog/compiling-the-vm/
using VMMaker.

I have tried a couple of buildsqueak*.st scripts with Sq 4.5 but the generated code comes up with a black window or fails altogether.

I know we are all busy (I include myself) but if anyone could help out with suggestions I would appreciate it.

I am reluctant to spend more time on this until I can successfully generate and compile C sources and run an image from the gen'ed sources.

Hints are fine.  I have not used C, gdb, or Make this century, so am probably doing something not too bright.

Thanks in advance,
-KenD