[Vm-dev] VMMaker missing dependents

Ben Coman btc at openinworld.com
Thu Apr 7 15:02:28 UTC 2016

Thanks Eliot. That page may need an update.
buildsqueaktrunkvmmakerimage.sh seems to no longer exist.  I tried the
obvious  buildspurtrunkvmmakerimage.sh, and at first it produced a
bunch of...
   ./envvars.sh: function: not found

I needed to amend...
  updatespurimage.sh
  buildspurtrunkvmmakerimage.sh
from
  #!/bin/sh
  #!/bin/bash

Then I got a
    pthread_setschedparam failed
but resolved this per referenced...
   http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r3643/README.3643
by creating   /etc/security/limits.d/squeak.conf

Then from the 'image' folder I could run...
   cogspurlinuxht/squeak trunk50.image UpdateSqueakTrunkImage.st

I expected
   cogspurlinuxht/squeak SpurVMMaker.image
would have VMMake pre-loaded, but it did not, so I added Monticello
repository...
   MCHttpRepository
       location: 'http://source.squeak.org/VMMaker'
       user: ''
       password: ''
per http://source.squeak.org/VMMaker.html
and loaded package...
    VMMaker.oscog-eem.1778

but got the same Warning: This package depends on the following classes:
  FFIConstants
  KlattResonatorIndices

cheers -ben