[Vm-dev] Simulator tutorial

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Apr 7 17:40:13 UTC 2016

> On 07-04-2016, at 8:33 AM, Chris Cunnington <brasspen at gmail.com> wrote:
> For example, there is a professor at UCSF who has a project called ANTLR [1].

A quick look leaves me a tad puzzled. For example I can’t quite work out what they mean by
"	• subclasses can see the fields of their parent classes; in ST-80 these are private”
since I’m reasonably sure my objects can see the instance variables defined in their parent classes.
And no file format? Does chunk file format per changes/sources/fileouts not count?
And they’re implementing it in java. Gulp.

Most curious.

> After that, I’ll make what I learn about using the simulator the first video on http://www.ooplu.com, which will be the first of what will ultimately be hundreds.

If you can make hundreds of good instructional videos we’ll all be very, very, happy. We were talking about this in the board meeting just yesterday.

tim
All the simple programs have been written, and all the good names taken.