[Vm-dev] New Cog VMs available

Levente Uzonyi leves at caesar.elte.hu
Tue Apr 26 22:37:48 UTC 2016

Hi Holger,

I ran the Shootout benchmarks[1] which I'd recently updated on
cogspurlinuxht 3397 and 3648 using the latest Squeak Trunk image, and the
latter performed better in three benchmarks: reverseComplement (-20%),
pidigits (-30%) and fasta (-40%).
For the rest, the performance of the two VMs were the same.
So, I suspect there's an area not covered by these benchmarks where you
experience the slowdown. Or there's some other difference responsible for
the slowdown.
Can you tell us more about your benchmark?
Have you tried profiling it?

Levente

[1] http://leves.web.elte.hu/squeak/Shootout-ul.19.mcz