[Vm-dev] FFI test passing on x64 win64

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 07:20:11 UTC 2016

Hi,
I now have the FFI tests passing in squeak.stack.spur for 64bits image on
windows (using either gcc or clang).
The vm and plugin can be generated from the LLP64 branch on
opensmalltalk-vm github project.
I'm not sure that the tests cover all the edge cases, but that's already
something.

I'd like to test callbacks now.
Are there any existing tests and where?

Do these tests pass on other OSes (Linux 64 and/or mac 64) ?

Last question: how do we enable the MT (multi-threaded version) nowadays?
I didn't see specific configurations defining COGMTVM in mvm.
Ah yes, maybe like this:
./mvm -- THREADING=multi

It failed for me because the interpreterProxy was not found
It seems that the makefile expects a specific source: gcc3x-*interpmt.c
Is it still the case?

Are there specific (multi)threaded FFI tests somewhere?

best

Nicolas