VM version naming (was Re: [Vm-dev] Pi vm builds need a priority checker applet)

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Aug 17 23:06:11 UTC 2016

Oh, something I spotted when looking at  https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/releases#linux as you suggested - the vm version numbering seems to be the old style from when we used the svn source tree. Unless I misunderstood we now use the github date string versioning (my latest vm from this afternoon is 5.0-201608171728 for example).

If this has been changed then I need to know pretty urgently in order to fix the Pi scratch/squeak shell scripts!

tim
Useful random insult:- Can't find log base two of 65536 without a calculator.