[Vm-dev] Re: slang printf equivalent

Alain Rastoul alf.mmm.cat at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 14:43:09 UTC 2016

On 21/02/2016 14:34, Ben Coman wrote:

> The most promising I found so far is...
>       self printStringOf: 'BLAH3' ; flush.
> but nothing show up on the bash console that started the VM.
Hi Ben,

On a standard linux console, printf should output to console (I just
verified now) .

What kind of console ?
xen console for rump vm (on netbsd?) ?
oh my ! great
:)

if so, it depends of the kind of virtualization you choosed :
hw, I guess depends of bios and  drivers (bochs/qemu should go out to
qemu drivers/console?)
pv there is a special hypercall api in mini-os  to output to host domain
console (don't remember exactly, may be search for printk in Mini-os/xen
headers, I'll digg into and post you what I found soon).

(nb: If you are at that point I am *very* interested, I struggled a lot
to link a hacked vm with netbsd libs .. I am bad at autoconf, cmake and
co. currently in my standby list, I will resume )

HTH

regards

Alain