[Vm-dev] Memory leaks

Phil (list) pbpublist at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 07:02:05 UTC 2016

On Fri, 2016-01-01 at 22:25 -0800, Andres Valloud wrote:

> I suspect some of this text refers to the tools in the Squeak /
> Pharo
> image, while some of this text refers to the tools in Cuis.  Exactly
> what tool does the OOM condition occur with?
>
> Andres.

Yes, in my post I was referring to the Cuis adaptation of the reference
finder tool (which I believe was ported from the Squeak version) which
is resulting in the OOM.  This is not surprising as my starting point
from a memory usage standpoint is already fairly high at ~250M.  It was
this issue (the OOM/slowness) that finally caused me to post my
question to this list as I was wondering if the VM might have some
facilities to help make tracking this down more efficient.

It was a complete shot in the dark as I wasn't sure if there were any
other tools / VM primitives I could leverage for this.  The lack of
suggestions on this front is causing me to think not and that I'll just
have to slog through it with what I have.