[Vm-dev] Why StandardFileStream fileID is 16 bytes in Linux while 20 bytes in OSX?

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 22:46:28 UTC 2016

On Sat, Jan 9, 2016 at 12:45 PM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com>
wrote:

> My guess is that the VM is being built, wrongly, without 64-bit file
> sizes.  In the Squeak VM this is definitely not 16 bytes.

Hi Eliot,

Thank you very much!! You nailed it :)  It is indeed that the fileSize in
Linux VM is 4 bytes and not 8 as for OSX.

You said that in the SqueakVM it is 64 bits. By SqueakVM you mean your Cog
(and not our Pharo builds) or you mean the old interpreter VM?

Should I open an issue somewhere so that we can make it 64 bits file size?

Thanks advance,