[Vm-dev] Re: [Pharo-dev] I will rename FFI-NB to UnifiedFFI

Ben Coman btc at openinworld.com
Wed Jan 13 11:59:45 UTC 2016

(cross-posted from pharo-dev)

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 6:32 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, recapitulation:
>
> I want to introduce:
>
> 1) package renaming, from FFI-NB to UnifiedFFI
> 2) prefix renaming, from FFI to UFFI (I will not change method prefix, they
> will remain ffi* so this is maybe a problem…)

Actually I suggested this without thinking it through.  We should be
consider cross-platform compatibility with Squeak at this low level
close to image interface to the rest of the world, where its probably
harder for average Joe to deal with the differences.  I'm not familiar
enough with either platform's FFI to comment more.
cheers -ben