[Vm-dev] CameraPlugin support for Mac OS?

Yoshiki Ohshima Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Wed Jul 6 21:47:55 UTC 2016

I might be doing something totally wrong... But here is a step I did
and got into an interesting situation:

Step 1:

- Get the source code.

git clone git at github.com:OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm.git

- As suggested, run the updateSCCSVersions  script.

./scripts/updateSCCSVersions

- change directory to build.macos32x86/squeak.cog.spur and run mvm with -d.

cd build.macos32x86/squeak.cog.spur;  run mvm with -d.

This successfully creates an executable and bundles.  But I noticed
that bunch of files are taken from subdirectories under 'iOS', not
'Mac OS'.

Step 2:

To add the CameraPlugin source, copy the set of files (CameraPlugin.c
CameraPlugin.xcodeproj CameraPlugin_Prefix.pch English.lproj
Info.plist osxCameraOps.c sqCamera.h version.plist) into a new
directory: platforms/Mac OS/plugins/CameraPlugin, and add CameraPlugin
to plugins.ext.

- run mvm -d and it does not link osxCameraOps.c and linker fails.

- Then I noticed that other plugins are using the platform-specific
files from the 'iOS" directory.  I created CameraPlugin directory
under platforms/iOS/plugins and copy files.

- run mvm -d and it does not link osxCameraOps.c and now the build
process detects those files and produces a compile time error.

If I'm not mistaken, the build process is looking at the iOS platform
files.  Is this true?

Besides that the osxCameraOps.c uses QuickDraw functions but it seems
that they are not exposed anymore.  I would have to rewrite it.

--
-- Yoshiki