[Vm-dev] Re: [OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm] a64e0d: Use same Win32 function prototypes in .h and .c fo...

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 21:59:14 UTC 2016

Hi Henrik,
about sqInt vs 32bits ipv4 address, I had same questions.
Currently the SocketPlugin is a SmartSyntaxInterpreterPlugin.
That means that most types are automagically inferred and we hardly can
interfer...

For win32 IA32 (x86) that does not change a thing, sqInt is int.
For win32 x64, yes we pass 64bits integer via sqInt.
But then htonl(sqInt) will truncate the sqInt to 32bits.
That's not the cleanest thing, and it may issue a compiler warning.
But it should work.