[Vm-dev] MSVC namespace conflict

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 20:46:50 UTC 2016

Hi,
I'm playing with MSVC 2015 for compiling the Spur VM.
Among problems I noticed this one:

>c:\program files (x86)\windows kits\8.1\include\um\oleidl.h(3541): error
C2059: erreur de syntaxe : 'constant'

The offending code is:

        HRESULT ( STDMETHODCALLTYPE *DragEnter )(

And it bugs because of a definition in sq.h:

#define DragEnter    1 /* drag operation from OS entered Squeak window
 */
#define DragMove    2 /* drag operation from OS moved within Squeak window
*/
#define DragLeave    3 /* drag operation from OS left Squeak window     */
#define DragDrop    4 /* drag operation dropped contents onto Squeak.
*/
#define DragRequest    5 /* data request from other app. */

If we are to define our own macros, the least we can do for portability is
to prefix them with SQ or something...

cheers

Nicolas