[Vm-dev] VM Maker: VMMaker.oscog-tfel.1863.mcz

Ben Coman btc at openinworld.com
Sun Jun 5 03:25:04 UTC 2016

On Sun, Jun 5, 2016 at 11:10 AM, Ben Coman <btc at openinworld.com> wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> I just ran ./buildspurtrunkvmmakerimage.sh(**1) and I'm bumping into a
> halt introduced in 1863...
> Is it required :) ?
>
> I see the other halt was previously uncommented.  Is that the usual state?
>
> btw, Are you able to define a general sort of problem that you find
> halts useful at this location?
>

> **1 Excluding ./updatespurimage.sh which had a problem I noted in
> another thread.

I see however that the in-Image version is "eem 5/19/2016".
Also since I just started trying the CogVMSimulator, I am bumping into the same
in CogVMSimulator>>primitiveExecuteMethodArgsArray
         self halt: thisContext selector.
         ^ super primitiveExecuteMethodArgsArray
but that version "eem 9/30/2013" has been there a while, so I guess it
is useful permanently enabled??    Maybe a comment to that effect
would be useful to newcomers.

cheers -ben