[Vm-dev] VM Maker: CMakeVMMakerSqueak-tty.126.mcz

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Tue Jun 21 00:14:03 UTC 2016

Hi Holger.

For the BSD, just take a  generated CMake build tree for linux, copy it over to a BSD directory structure and hack away.

I will be happy to walk you through the steps.

When you get a working BSD Cmake thing going, I can store it in Smalltalk (If we decide to go that route)

Are you on a 64 bit machine or a 32 bit machine ?

Same for all you ARM  and Dos guys.

cheers,

tty

---- On Mon, 20 Jun 2016 16:06:28 -0400 Holger Freyther<holger at freyther.de> wrote ----

> On 18 Jun 2016, at 23:28, commits at source.squeak.org wrote:
>

> Timothy M uploaded a new version of CMakeVMMakerSqueak to project VM Maker:
> http://source.squeak.org/VMMaker/CMakeVMMakerSqueak-tty.126.mcz

Hi,

I might be teared and feathered but what would it take to maintain the CMakeLists.txt directly in git and not of generate them from Smalltalk?

>From my limited point of view it seems cmake supports targeting multiple platforms/configurations from within the CMakeLists. And when trying to build the PharoVM on FreeBSD I had a lot of trouble[1] and waited[2] a bit too much.

kind regards

    holger

[1] Trouble in the sense that the generated paths were absolute, that some CFLAGS didn't apply to the compiler used.

[2] I seem to have failed to just generate the CMakeLists.txt/* and decided to generate everything which took some time. E.g. the files not being truncated before they are written to