[Vm-dev] Compiling squeak.cog.spur on Pi

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Jun 24 02:55:50 UTC 2016

> On 23-06-2016, at 7:35 PM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
>

> On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 10:19:23PM -0400, Phil (list) wrote:
>> {snip}
>> Yes, I ran into it as well... the build is hard-coded to build for the
>> ARMv6 of the original Pi. ??Remove the line with the compiler flags??"-
>> march=armv6 -mfpu=vfp -mfloat-abi=hard" in mvm. ??That fixed the issue
>> for me for ARMv7 builds.
>
> Phil,
>
> Brilliant! I removed the -march=armv6 and it compiles now.\

That is both weird and in some sense wrong; Eliot & I use the armv6 flag so far as  I know and don’t have this issue. I *did* have this problem a very long time ago though. The question is whether I can find any evidence of what I did to get  past it…

First thing, try `sudo ./mvm`. If you’re using xrdp to connect to your Pi it makes some odd things happen to do with permissions.

And as for why changing that flag should have anything to do with the problem… frakkin’ insane unix nonsense yet again. Yup, the vm I built this lunchtime has the armv6 flag on. Built perfectly well aside from the sccs version number issue I mentioned before.

tim
"Bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet pressed <START> on the Microwave...