[squeak-dev] [Vm-dev] I would be extremely grateful for a reproducible case for the following Socket issue

Holger Freyther holger at freyther.de
Fri Mar 25 06:42:42 UTC 2016

> On 25 Mar 2016, at 00:35, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Eliot,

> Fabulous, thank you!  replace the self halts with e.g. self assert: (clientSocket dataAvailable = (clientSocket readSemaphore excessSignals > 0)), and we even have a test.  I have work to do tomorrow but hope I should be able to debug this soon.  I'll add kqueue and epoll support when I fix it.

before going to kqueue, could you have a look at my hack to create a completely idle VM? Once the VM has moved to kqueue it seems one can not get a SIGIO for the "kqueue descriptor"[1] itself and I don't know if SIGIO remains working for the individual file descriptors.

holger

[1] https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/blob/master/sys/kern/kern_event.c#L1735