[Vm-dev] Re: [squeak-dev] New Cog VMs available

Levente Uzonyi leves at caesar.elte.hu
Wed Mar 30 02:10:31 UTC 2016

Hi Eliot,

I think something went wrong with those semaphores. Connecting to a Socket
seems to wait for the full 45 seconds timeout with this VM. To reproduce,
just try opening any remote MC repository. This happens with
cogspur64linuxht. I haven't tried any other versions yet.

There's another issue with WideStrings where, #at: (primitive 63) fails
for a few instances. This issue is present in 3643 as well. To reproduce
it, open the Monticello Browser, select the Multilingual package,
select the Trunk repository and press Changes. You'll see that two methods
are reported to have changed (even though they haven't). Selecting any of
them will pop up a debugger with the primitive failure. The common symptom
is that #basicAt: will work for the index, for which #at: fails, and it will
return the number 16rD80000FF.

Levente