[Vm-dev] [commit][3697] Turn ARC On for 64bit compiles, don't make MIDI, fix various issues with bridge and windowIndex for ARC, fix parseArgument data type warning

John McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sat May 7 00:32:21 UTC 2016

>John, I understand that we have to upgrade 64-but Mac OS X to the 10.7 SDK
to get ARC.  But is there a good reason for upgrading the 32-bit compile to the
10.7 SDK, or would it be ok to keep using the 10.6 SDK for the 32-bit
compile?

We should run some tests to understand if there are any llvm compiler
optimizations that might be useful.

John M. McIntosh. Corporate Smalltalk Consulting Ltd
https://www.linkedin.com/in/smalltalk