[Vm-dev] Simulating the Cog V3 VM

Clément Bera bera.clement at gmail.com
Wed May 11 18:54:32 UTC 2016

Hi,

The VM developers mostly develop using the Spur memory manager, so it could
be one of us broke the V3 simulator. Sorry about that. Have you reached the
point in the simulator where the display screen was shown ?

In general, I run first the StackVM simulator, then the Cog VM simulator,
then in-image compilation to have a stable system.

Why are you using V3 ? Is it required for what you are trying to do ? Spur
is generally better unless you need to use V3 for some reason.

For the specific error you have, it seems it's a dispatch problem. All the
JIT classes are merged into a single C file during Slang translation. For
simulation, there are methods to automatically dispatch between the
different objects. I think the method missing shuould look like:
InLineLiteralsManager >> backEnd
    <doNotGenerate>
    ^ cogit backEnd
Or something like that.