[Vm-dev] re: Simulating the Cog V3 VM

Craig Latta craig at blackpagedigital.com
Thu May 12 13:23:33 UTC 2016

Hi--

     Eliot writes:

> The system is designed for one to be able to Instantiate a plugin and
> use it in objects in the current image by using an InterpreterProxy
> instance to interface the plugin code with ordinary Smalltalk
> objects.  But I've never done this so I can't help.  Perhaps
> someone with experience of dong this can provide help.

     I've done this, for network access used by remote messaging between
two simulators on different machines (or a simulator and a normal
system). I originally took the LargeIntegerPlugin simulator support as
my example, but have worked with this technique extensively since then.
Laura, I'd be happy to help if you'd like.

     thanks,

-C

--
Craig Latta