[Vm-dev] DSAPrims broken on 64-bit VM (3684)

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Fri May 13 17:31:32 UTC 2016

Hi Levente,
looking at code, my wild guess (but I did not try) is that #leftRotate:by:
is incorrectly inlined...
The parameter should be cast to unsigned int (32 bits) otherwise extra bits
will pollute the result.
Unfortunately, this method get inlined with sqInt argument which are 64bits
long in 64bits version...
We really need to fix inlining.
I'll try with <inline: #never> if I have time to confirm/infirm the guess...