[Vm-dev] reattaching a detatched git head...

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 00:20:02 UTC 2016

I'm stuck.  Don't know how I detached from the master.  I'm seeing this:

You are in 'detached HEAD' state. You can look around, make experimental
changes and commit them, and you can discard any commits you make in this
state without impacting any branches by performing another checkout.

If you want to create a new branch to retain commits you create, you may
do so (now or later) by using -b with the checkout command again. Example:

  git checkout -b <new-branch-name>

HEAD is now at ed4a499... CogVM source as per VMMaker.oscog-eem.1958

I want to make this the new master, and then add a commit.  I'm stuck.  Git
mavens, help please.

best, Eliot