Pi OSPRocess (was Re: [Vm-dev] Strange unix (Pi) vm event bug for july 2016 era vm build)

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Oct 12 22:12:40 UTC 2016

> On 11-10-2016, at 5:47 PM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
> [snip]

> I'll try to double-check it this weekend, but we already know that the
> the version that I want people to use (i.e. mine) works fine. Granted
> we did not try regenerating the C source from an oscog image, but I can't
> think of any reason why that would not work.

If we’re talking moving your slang code across then the only likely problems would be some places where slang meta-commands clash - IIRC #ifCpp:type stuff differs a bit.

> I really would prefer if people would use the original version of OSPP
> that I maintain. After all, I tend to be the person who ends up answering
> questions like "why doesn't OSProcess work on my Raspberry Pi?”

I tend to agree. What do we need to do to make it so?

> Mind you, I'm not at all sorry that I bought that Raspberry Pi to figure
> out why OSProcess was not working. Very cool little gadget, and I'm glad
> you finally gave me an excuse to go get one :-)

Much fun can be obtained for little money. Why, you can now get Flash under Chromium and run Scratch2 directly from MIT’s website. And … it’s…. sl….ow…. with odd dd… jum…ps. Seriously. Flash. <head-desk>

> Remind me to find a picture of the crude ultralight airplane I used
> to fly back in the 1980's. It would make your brother look reasonably
> sane. Inexplicably, I survived that one too.

Just so long as the mudguard stays stayed in pace, eh?

I’ve just built a latest vm with the unixosprocess .c file replaced by your one (taken from the old squeakvm.org tree, dated 6th jun, 8:10pm, hope that is the latest?) and loaded the OSProcess head package via squeakmap. I get 80 run, 71 passes, 0 expected failures, 5 failures, 4 errors, 0 unexpected passes. All the problems appear to be related to locking stuff, which is about as far as my ability will take me. Err, mind you 3 failures and 2 errors look like win32 tests, so just maybe they don’t count.

tim
Fractured Idiom:- POSH MORTEM - Death styles of the rich and famous