[Vm-dev] Rebuilding configure script for linux vm

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Oct 28 00:21:05 UTC 2016

> On 27-10-2016, at 4:02 PM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> The fundamental issue is that we need to ditch autoconf (and cake) from the build process (I'm not saying from development, but from configuring and building a VM).

No word of argument from me. Other than saying it can’t happen soon enough.

> But ion the short term,
> 1) fix the path in platforms/unix/plugins/UnicodePlugin/acinclude.m4, commit and push

Well first there’s 0) edit the damn configure script to add the include path and get a working %^$%&^#ing VM. (And woo-hoo! got the configure to actually agree to make the plugin at last)

> 2) ask someone who has a system that will rebuild configure to do so, and wait for them to do so and commit and push

Shouldn’t a ubuntu x86 linux system be able to do that?

> 3) try again with the revised configure script
>
> (configure how do I hate thee?  let me count the ways…)

I’d give up. Trying to exhaustively count an uncountable infinity is sure to hurt.

tim
Useful random insult:- He has a tenuous grip on the obvious.