[Vm-dev] Cannot build Linux32x86 Pharo since upgrade to SDL 2.0.5

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 18:23:51 UTC 2017

Hi both,

> yes, I had the problem and I already fixed it in our branch (it will be
> merged soon, as soon as I fix a problem on cairo + freetype on windows).

why wait?
atomic commits are welcome!

What is the problem of cairo + freetype?
Are opensmalltalk windows vm functional or is there a problem? I did not
get any feedback so far...

> thing is: 2.0.5 still produces a library named "libSDL2-2.0.so.0.4.1” (not
> 0.5.0 as it would be expected).
>
> so, changing that libsdl2.spec will do it.

Ah yes, sorry about that.
I thought that linux pharo vm was built on opensmalltalk travis job and all
was OK.
Apparently, it isn't the case, working without feedback is not possible
nowadays.
What is preventing us to also buid them?