[Vm-dev] [squeak-dev] Should a long running image notice daylight saving?

Ben Coman btc at openinworld.com
Mon Apr 3 05:21:02 UTC 2017

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 11:39 AM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Levente,
>
> > On Apr 2, 2017, at 11:46 AM, Levente Uzonyi <leves at caesar.elte.hu>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Dave,
> >
> > As I mentioned before, the problem with that primitive is that it
> doesn't update the offset when the time zone changes.
>
> Surely it would be easy to modify the heartbeat and/or the event checking
> code in the vm to do thus no?  My only questions are a) is this a better
> place than do it than in the image?  and b) who is volunteering to write
> and test the code?

I logged the following issue intending to work on the VM clock, but I got
distracted learning more about the VM and trying to use Clang via UFFI to
analyse the cross platform differences.  I mean to get back to it, but
anyone can feel free to preempt me.
https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/issues/36

cheers -ben