[Vm-dev] Extending primitiveDirectoryEntry

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 18:36:52 UTC 2017

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 10:37 AM, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:

> > On 21-04-2017, at 10:17 AM, Alistair Grant <akgrant0710 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > Am I missing anything?
>
> I think so; I urge you to consider working with Dave Lewis to see if it
> might make sense to improve his DirectoryPlugin.

+1.

Further, primitive invocation is slow.  Try and provide a bulk primitive
that answers multiple attributes, especially if the attributes are obtained
from a single system call (as is the case with stat).

Further, try and come up with cross-platform abstractions so that a single
primitive can be used across platforms. One of the things that would
require a lot of thought is harmonising Unix symbolic links, Mac OS X
Aliases and Windows Aliases.

--
best, Eliot