[Vm-dev] squeak trunk patches

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Apr 25 04:01:06 UTC 2017

> On 24-04-2017, at 8:39 PM, K K Subbu <kksubbu.ml at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I presume it will continue to remain relevant for the new generation of ARM-based boards like RPi 3.

Not especially. Pi uses a Cog/Spur VM by default, thus you would need to pay more attention to the github sources and the VMMaker image stuff you will find at https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm

Obviously the plain interpreter vm can be built for ARM since it merely uses gcc etc to build the executable; but it’s a *lot* slower than the CogSpur vm. Trust me; I’ve been doing Smalltalk on ARM for … ouch, 32 years.

tim
May the bugs of many programs nest on your hard drive.