[Vm-dev] squeak trunk patches

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Apr 25 13:03:54 UTC 2017

On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 09:09:16AM +0530, K K Subbu wrote:

> On Tuesday 25 April 2017 04:47 AM, David T. Lewis wrote:
> >>The src in unix and win32 seems to be remnants from old builds. Should
> >>they continue in the SVN?
> >Those ./src subdirectories are obsolete. The most current generated
> >sources are kept in the ./src directory next to ./platforms in
> >http://squeakvm.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/squeak/trunk/
>
> Prompt and graceful response, as always. Thanks, Dave.
>
> Is it possible to remove these from the repo? Their presence is
> polluting indexes like ctags. Apart from confusing VM newcomers.
>
> This repo is still relevant as I discovered when my upgraded my Ubuntu
> env to 64-bit. I presume it will continue to remain relevant for the new
> generation of ARM-based boards like RPi 3.
>
> BTW, I haven't seen any posts from Ian since 2014. Is his position in
> Ritsumeikan Univ taking up all his time?
>
> Regards .. Subbu

Yes, I think Ian is quite busy with those responibilies, although he does
continue to make the time to keep the squeakvm.org services running and
available to the community. I find that emails to Ian sometimes get lost
in his spam folders, so if you send mail to piumarta at gmail.com, I would
suggest putting [SQUEAK VM] in the subject line to catch his attention.