[Vm-dev] errors while building a cog development image

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 20:04:17 UTC 2017

Hi Sophie, Hi Ben,

   thanks!  This issue is because until recently Squeak used ContextPart
and MethodContext as the class names for contexts, while Pharo had changed
to just using Context.  Now Squeak trunk is using Context too the
compatibility package isn't needed.  I've updated the load script to
eliminate CogCompatibility.st as you two both did.  That's pushed to
github.  I'm also committing versions of VMMaker and Cog that no longer use
the deprecated includedSubString:, so the builds should work less noisily
now.

Sophie, welcome!  I for one would love to know what your plans with VMMaker
are.

--
best, Eliot